How can teachers help English Language Learners (ELLs) thrive in their classrooms? This VLC will offer strategies based on 7 Essential Elements for ELL Support: Physical Space, Scaffolding, Resources, Explicit Language Instruction, Facilitation, Emotional Wellness, and Social Engagement. Participants will learn actionable strategies to implement to help both students and teachers thrive. Strategies will be tailored to each participant’s grade level and subject area.
- Understanding the “7 Essential Elements for ELL Support”
- Recognizing the role that students’ academic backgrounds have in implementing these elements
- Learning strategies for each of the 7 Elements
- Making assessment work for ELLs
- Eliciting feedback from your ELLs