- Developing an understanding of the core competencies of SEL as defined by CASEL
- Developing an understanding of the interplay among PBL, structures, and teacher facilitation in any learning environment
- Exploring how each of the core competencies of SEL is addressed through the goals of engagement, empowerment, and efficacy in a student-driven classroom
- Developing a set of structures for building SEL in any learning environment
- Developing a repertoire of teacher facilitation strategies for building SEL in any learning environment
- Developing learning activities that promote SEL in any learning environment
Participants in this course will use Dr. Nancy Sulla’s book Reinventing the Classroom Experience as a resource. The assigned book must be purchased in advance. Access to MyQPortal is included for all participants while enrolled in the VLC.