Explore a variety of classroom structures and strategies you can employ to help students take greater responsibility for their own learning, including self-assessment, goal-setting, self-regulation, learning choices, and reporting. Design a student responsibility plan that will work in your classroom.
- Understanding how student responsibility impacts student achievement
- Designing structures and strategies to build student responsibility in the classroom
- Using a Great Student Rubric
- Teaching students to self assess, set goals, and monitor progress
- Building executive function skills that promote responsibility
- Exploring the Learner-Active, Technology-Infused Classroom
Participants in this course will use Reinventing the Classroom Experience by Dr. Nancy Sulla as a resource. The assigned book must be purchased in advance. Access to MyQPortal is included for all participants while enrolled in the VLC. 25 credit hours.